Resource Guide Design
A clear, focused, and easy-to-use internet resource guide for starting Electrical Engineering students at Penn State.
- Team size: Individual
- Duration: 7 days
- Project role: Writer, Illustrator
- Software: Word, Snipping Tool, Photoshop
- Condensed and summarized internet renounces to prevent information dump on the reader.
- Included web QR codes for instant access to the webpage.
- Created "Handy Tips" section for readers to easily transition to using the resource.
- Followed formal technical writing guide layout and catered towards its target audience.
Hurdles & Solutions.
1. Guide layout could overwhelm less literate reader.
Solution: included graphical illustration in the guide navigation and throughout the resource description.
2. Guide displayed QR code link for mobile access but fail to consider readers who don't use smartphone.
Solution: included physical web address on top of QR code for less tech savvy readers.
3. Balancing guide layout design to quality of written content.
Solution: used existing word template with slight modification reducing time needed to design guide layout and transitioned to written content.