Instruction Set Design
A recipe designed to teach the reader how to cook a dish of Yakisoba step-by-step.
- Team size: Individual
- Duration: 14 days
- Project role: Writer, Illustrator
- Software: Word, Photoshop, Adobe Kuler: color schemes
- Other tools: Nikon P90 Camera, various cooking utensils
- Demonstrate ability to create a universal instruction set that can be handed to any reader and allow them to carryout its proposed task.
- Gauged an average reader cooking ability and provide writers assumptions for the reader.
- Broken down the whole cooking process to simpler/ easier steps for readers to follow.
- Included suggestions and photo feedback to guide readers between instructions
Hurdles & Solution.
1. Potential readers might feel challenge by the nature of cooking and the task preformed in general.
Solution: Created attractive title and quick reference table of necessary investment needed from the reader.
2. Document lacked feedback at critical steps of the instructions
Solution: Design was fitted with more picture illustration and "suggestions section" with different colors to attract readers attention.
3. Document had problems with consistency in highlighted instruction
Solution: Word highlights was changed to an overall word color change. Suggestions and Note section was given different colors for quick distinction.
4. Suggestion was made that a variation section should be added to increase document value.
Solution: One page of how to customize or create different variation of the same dish was added for the reader.